Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Business Problem

Few Days ago when I was chatting with my brother on how I wanted to work on a real time project on my own. He told me about a small business problem they were facing in their company and he asked if I could write an application which could solve it.

The Problem is that their company has many applications which are hosted in a number of servers. These account credentials are shared among many users i.e. different users login to the system(application/ server) using a shared user accounts. These accounts expire periodically and they have to be updated. When the update happens it becomes a painful process to send out an email to every one regarding the change.

This was a fairly simple business problem. It can be easily solved by using a central repository of accounts and each user is either given access can or cannot be given access.

But when the project details were sketched out it did not seem as simple s it looks.

Keep reading for more details about the project

No comments:

Post a Comment